If you ask a roomful of tax accountants what they do to grow their practices, you’ll probably get more answers than you can implement on any sort of timely basis. However, the key to most any practitioner’s recruitment and retention strategy is just that: strategy. Without a well-thought-out plan that is actionable and measurable, you may as well put on a sandwich board and try to find clients on the nearest street corner.
The Intuit® ProConnect™ Tax Pro Center regularly features articles about growing your practice. I urge you to check them out, especially the following:
- Lessons From Millennials: How to Use Content to Grow Your Practice – Developing a content marketing plan is good for your practice, and a great way to get millennials involved in recruitment and retention. Fernando Barraza, CPA, provides an approach his firm successfully uses.
- How to Generate a Stream of Online Leads – Even though many tax practitioners work in the cloud on Intuit ProConnect Tax Online, QuickBooks® Online Accountant and other software, finding and securing your next client can also be done in the cloud. Get practical advice from Sandi Leyva, CPA.
- 5 Secrets to Finding New Clients – Find out how Andrew Poulos, EA, uses five methods to not only to get new clients, but virtually double his individual tax client base during two recent tax seasons.
- Social Media Best Practices for Tax Accountants – Get a step-by-step guide from Diana Wertz on how to get started, enhance your social media posts and develop a content strategy. Don’t miss this one!
- 10 Tips to a Better Firm Newsletter – Whether you are building a newsletter to send to clients and prospects, or looking for a way to make your existing newsletters more effective, this article from Katie Tolin is a must-read.
I hope these great articles help you take your firm’s marketing to the next level so you can continue to grow your firm!
Source: Proven Strategies to Grow Your Tax Practice, Tax Pro Center